Re: twin tip or directional for starting

  • cfglazier
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 27, 2002
      > For beginners are tt's or directionals the way to go?

      Paul
      Let me add that the general trend in our sport is toward twin tip
      style boards. I started on a directional but I wouldn't really
      recommend a beginner buy one unless they have a strong windsurfing
      background.

      I have both a directional and twin tip and I now almost always ride
      the tt. There are some however that prefer directionals.

      Chris G
    • gankpimp
      Message 2 of 5 , May 2, 2002
        Paul,

        This is a religous question....people will aggressively take both
        sides depending on thier personal preference.

        Old story was that beginners should learn on directionals...I think
        you should consider what riding style you think you will ultimatley
        prefer and start with that type of board. The 'Boost" vidoes provide
        a good overview of both approaches and excellent instruction if you
        are just starting out.

        I'm a 180lb's and I started on a Litewave 165 twin tip. After
        speding two days on ground developing kite skills, I had no probelm
        getting up on the Litewave my first time in the water.

        Good Luck,
        gp