Is it worth modifying a 23.5 ARX?

  • robertokx
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 17, 2002
      I have a 23.5m ARX.
      I have tried a few combinations of things to speed up the turning
      ability:
      - longer bar
      - battons in tips
      - short 17m lines
      - Reverse Launch pulley system
      - Lou bar
      None of these things have had a significant improvement on turning
      ability.

      I am now contemplating a more radical modification to the tips as per
      the black tip mod for the cabrinha's where the distance between the
      attachment points is increased by moving the rear attachment point up
      the kite & cutting off the redundant corner.

      Has anyone tried this? Does it work?
    • Dwight & Jacky
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 22, 2002
        Cutting the tip would work if it increases the distance of the rear line connection from the leading
        edge.

        It seems odd that Lou's bar wasn't fast enough for you. That bar makes a huge difference, but it
        won't make a slow flying kite fly faster, nothing will. What I wonder is, are you looking to make
        the kite fly faster so you can sine fly it? There is nothing that can make that happen. You can make
        it turn quick, but it still won't sine fly any better.

        Dwight