Re: [ksurfschool] Re: 4-line question/stupid idea

  • Suntrax
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 9, 2002
      Airdoodle wrote;.

      >pulling this shackle kills all
      possible power from the kite, of course you are still hooked (but
      not shackled) into the loop. If this release point fails, you are no
      worse than being in the chicken loop without any extra safety
      stuff.... bad under the right bad conditions, but hey... you cannot
      design away all possible negative consequences... Of course,
      as I said, bad to worse things can still happen if you are
      sufficiently tangled etc etc etc... I would use a knife as a last
      resort or you could chew your way out.

      Or you could, in addition to the QR shackle, the use the ProLimit quick
      release spreader.

      Brian Wilson
      Suntrax
      Tel/fax 027 21 5560044