Ontario Canada - Kitesurfing

  • nikgoodchild
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 4, 2002
      Anyone know what windsurfing / kitesurfing is like in Ontario,
      Canada. I suppose it'll be lake Ontario. I'm going to Waterloo/
      Kitchener in June, July and August to work...

      Thanks
    • kite_hoser
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 4, 2002
        --- In ksurfschool@y..., "nikgoodchild" <nikgoodchild@h...> wrote:
        > Anyone know what windsurfing / kitesurfing is like in Ontario,
        > Canada. I suppose it'll be lake Ontario. I'm going to Waterloo/
        > Kitchener in June, July and August to work...
        >
        > Thanks

        Hi Nik,
        I'm from K-W, and generally the conditions are good. I don't do any
        surfing (lots of buggying though) but some guys in our club do and
        they hit the lakes that have the onshore winds. All 3 great lakes
        are the same distance from K-W for surfing. The direction the winds
        blowing will determine what lake you should head to. After the
        kiteyaking symposium at the spring break buggy blast
        http://www.sbbb.net i'll have more information on taking a
        rudder/foot controlled kayak out on the lakes. But as I said there's
        a few guys who do quite a bit of surfing from this town. So
        hopefully see you this summer.
        Kite hoser.
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 4, 2002
          There is a very active Canadian Kitesurf group (around 120 members)
          which you may want to join to ask this type of question. There are a
          good number of kitesurfers in that region. Send an email to
          cankitesurf-subscribe@egroups.com to join the group or visit the group