Re: [ksurfschool] Re: Swim-in or not?

  • George Sarris
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 2, 2002
      Thanks guys. The fluctuating/light winds and my
      inexperience are probably what are causing my
      "Hindenburg" problems. I need more time out on the
      water in more consistent winds.

      George

      http://taxes.yahoo.com/
    • Philip
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 3, 2002
        George,

        I am jumping in on this so excuse me if this has been covered.
        If you are riding in light or gusty winds it certainly can cause the
        kite to drop out of the sky.
        One way to help avoid this is not flying the kite directly over head
        while you are getting ready to ride.
        If you fly the kite off to one side of the window the kite will be less
        "nose heavy" and is less likely to roll forward and drop out of the sky.
        It doesn't take a big angle in the kites orientation to stop it from
        dropping. just letting gravity hold one side of the kite for you!

        Let me know if you have more questions on this or any other topic.

        Good luck.

        Philip

        Inland Sea Windsurf Co.
        http://www.inlandsea.com
        Kitesite.net
        http://www.kitesite.net
        toll free 888-465-2632

> [...]

        > > > and the opened cell
        > > > foils, all other kites should be fine for
        > > > kitesurfing when it comes to
        > > > water relaunching (a few swims in hot weather
        > are
        > > > great - just watch out
        > > > for very cold water)...
        > > >
        > > > P.S., The higher numbers for Wipika Classics 5.0
        > and
        > > > 8.5 are probably
        > > > due mainly to my inexperience in the early days (therefore going
        > > > out in lighter winds and taking too long to relaunch
        > > > causing the bridle to
        > > > tangle)
        > > >
        > > > P.P.S., The lower numbers for closed cell foils
        > are
        > > > probably due to the
        > > > fact that I don't use them as frequent as
        > > > inflatables for kitesurfing.
        > > >
        > > > Hung.

        > > Yahoo! Greetings - send holiday greetings for

      • George Sarris
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 4, 2002
          Thanks Philip. That makes perfect sense. Most of
          the times my kite crashed was when it was directly
          overhead while I was getting into the board straps.

          Thanks Again,
          George

          http://taxes.yahoo.com/
        • Philip