Re: Arc self launch at kites' outer wind limit

  • fernmanus
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 25, 2002
      My good friend doesn't launch his 1120 until it is blowing at least
      15 mph. He probably weighs more than you (180 LBS).

      I recommend setting up a snap shackle so that you can use the chicken
      loop while launching. This will help you control the power
      immensely.

      It is difficult to launch any kite when you are at the limit of the
      range. If I am self launching, I make sure there is enough room for
      me to get dragged the distance of the kite lines. I just sit on my
      behind and get pulled across the shore. If you have a helper you can
      have them hold onto your harness to prevent dragging across the
      beach.

      Kenny