I've found it!

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2002
      after a long search, I have found the message that I posted in July 1999
      about the web site hits at various search engines at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kitesurf/message/3452

      The numbers are much much smaller than I remembered.

      It's some interesting historical numbers to know and to compare what we
      have now (it's mind boggling!)

      P.S., Also read some other people's comments in the good old days at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kitesurf/messages/3423 . Some are very
      interesting (such that kiting on snow are dangerous...etc.)