Equipment dilemma

  • gigglewithme@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2000
      I am an intermediate windsurfer and want to start kitesurfing. I
      weigh 155-160 and will mainly sail in salt water.

      I am looking for a first sail to use in subwindsurfing or marginal
      windsurfing conditions. I want something with a good range, that I
      will not tire of and that will hopefully compliment a quiver if I
      eventually buy more kites, and which will allow me to sail in as
      light
      wind conditions as possible but will not be overly cumbersome for
      learning (if this is a problem).

      I have been recommended a Naish 7.5 ($899 for complete kit at local
      shop) or 9.5 ($999).

      Which would be preferable? Or should I get something entirely
      different? I have read some encouraging posts about some
      relaunchable
      Concept Air or Mosquito kites...do you think that one of these might
      be better for me, and if so, why? Or something else entirely?

      Thanks for your help.

      Michael.