Re: Self launch inflatable

  • airdoodle
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 6 9:13 PM
      Don't forget to
      > fold the tip in half at the first rib. This is important.

      I could not agree more, one thing to note (my experience here). Snow
      does not weigh nearly as much as sand. If you live in an area where
      you plan on going out in the snow, bring a sand bag or other HEAVY
      item that wil not damage the kite. Use that instead of sand (p.s.,
      kites go downwind pretty fast on snow with no one in the loop). In
      fact, if your worried about it or have sharp rocky sand where you
      live, a nice home made sand bag (you can even make a few for big and
      small kites... but this is probably excessive and might indicate that
      you need a second hobby) fits in the car easy and it is a comfortable
      feeling knowning that you have enough weight on the kite.

      Matthew
    • fernmanus
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 7 9:28 AM
        I also lay down a tarp if launching on rocky soil.