kitesnowboarding in northern california?

  • Notalreadyinusebysomeoneelse
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2002
      I've been hearing/reading quite a bit about
      kitesnowboarding/kiteskiing lately. I was wondering if anyone's
      doing it in Northern California or know of good places to try it
      out.

      Stephanie
    • Jamaica Lambie
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 2002
        Stephanie -

        I have had one pretty good looking spot in mind but
        have not ridden there: Royal Gorge xcountry ski area
        off of hwy 80 at Soda Springs. The area has a huge
        open meadow that looks plenty big enough. I dont know
        how clean the wind there is though, its surrounded by
        mountains that in the summer caused some pretty hairy
        gusts.

        Jamaica

        http://sports.yahoo.com