Re: Twintip Stance and help with edging needed

  • rb_stretch
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 26, 2002
      I've only just got going properly and don't seem to have a problem
      edgin my Orly 186 (190 pounds). Mind you I have only really used it
      in flat water.

      Plus, the Orly seems to go upwind well even when not fully powered up.

      > > What's the edging ability of a Wipika Olry 186? I was trying to
      edge
      > > the thing and it didn't really want to dig in..
      > >
      > > Is it me?
      >
      > It's probably way too big for you. The Olry 175 works good for a
      180 pound rider.

      > Dwight
      >

      > > Mike
    • Dwight & Jacky
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 26, 2002
        Steal the footstraps off the Olry and screw them in the bindings holes. It does work, I've done it.
        The deck is slippery without applying some type of foam. I had some 1/8 foam I stuck to the board.
        This is how my wife rode for a short time while she developed the skills to switch to full bindings.

        Dwight

        > hehehe.. I weigh 160...
        >
        > yeah I guess it might be a little big...
        >
        > I have a Wipika Apocalypse. I am very anxious to try it out, I just
        > don't have any bindings! I don't really know what kind to get though!?
        > The slingshot sandals look pretty cool (no back strap)...
        >
        > Mike
      • Carlo
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 26, 2002
          I weigh 67kg (148 pounds), and ride a 180 twintip. Does this mean that my
          twintip is too big , or that I won't be able to edge it properly?

          Carlo

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>

          --
          [...]

        • Dwight & Jacky
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 27, 2002
            Boards that are too big, are great for learning. They enable you to go upwind with less kite power.
            As you get better, you start riding with more power, then the board starts to feel way to big. If
            you started with the size board an experienced kiter would prefer, you would struggle to go upwind.

            This answer also depends on the winds in your area. A rider that weight living here would ride a 140
            to 150 board no more than 36 wide. His main kite would be a 7.5 to 9.5. If your winds are 10-15 most
            of the time, then a 180 might be OK for a good rider your weight.

            Dwight

            > I weigh 67kg (148 pounds), and ride a 180 twintip. Does this mean that my
            > twintip is too big , or that I won't be able to edge it properly?
            >
            > Carlo

          • Carlo
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 27, 2002
              Winds range from 8 to 35 knots in this area, being about 10-15 knots on
              average, and 20 knots once every 8 to 12 days this time of the year.

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>