New Massachusetts kitesurfer seeking info and help.

  • anitje@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2000
      Hi Folks!!

      I am an intermediate windsurfer (waterstarting and in straps and on
      verge of jibing) from MA. A few days ago when winds were marginal
      for sailing at Kalmus on Cape Cod, the Naish rep (Dave Loop) gave me
      an on land lesson with a Naish 4.5m kite and I am already obsessed.

      I am trying to figure out my next move.

      First, it would be great to hook up with other kitesurfers from the
      northeast.

      Second, I want instruction. One New England option I have
      investigated sounds great but very expensive...a half day or full day
      would cost me half of a new board. Is there anybody around who would
      be willing to teach me, who could do so well? If so, name your price
      and let's talk...I could buy equipment first if necessary for, like I
      said, I am obsessed. Besides which, I make a good friend.

      Third, what should I get? For starters I want to sail in light wind
      conditions when windsurfing is not an option, or is a poorer option,
      and go from there. From reviewing this forum, it seems like people
      tend to like Naish/Wipika sails and larger boards for beginners,
      though I have seen some interesting posts about Concept Air and other
      foils as well. Any comments?? What about a Naish 9.0 and a 7 foot
      Naish board? Am I thinking in the right direction??

      Lisen guys...any help or comments would be much appreciated....

      Thanks...

      Michael.