Re: [ksurfschool] problems with NAISH relaunch from snow

  • Mike Soultanian
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 19 9:47 AM
      I just did a google search on "naish reverse launch" and came upon this
      article on how to reverse launch a wipika airblast. Pretty interesting
      idea, I might give it a try:

      http://www.professionalairsports.org/howtorevlaun.html

      Mike

      Philip Mann wrote:

      > Naish makes a pre measured reverse relaunch system called the power booster
      > that work very well/
      >
      > Let me know if you need more info.
      >
      > Philip
      > kitesite.net

      [...]
    • Mike Soultanian
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 19 10:02 AM
        oh.. :)

        I'd be intersted to see how this system works.. have any websites for
        reference?

        thanks,
        Mike

        Philip wrote:

        > Mike,
        >
        > The reason that works is because the Wipika Airblast comes with the
        > reverse launch (power booster) system on the kite.
        > Naish made up the Booster as a retrofit for accomplishing the same
        > thing.
        >
        > Philip
        >
        > Philip Mann
        > Inland Sea Windsurf Co.
        > http://www.inlandsea.com
        > Kitesite.net
        > http://www.kitesite.net
        > toll free 888-465-2632

        [...]
      • Philip Mann

            Philip Mann wrote:

            > Naish makes a pre measured reverse relaunch system called the power
            > booster that work very well/
            >
            > Let me know if you need more info.
            >
            > Philip
            > kitesite.net

          • Dwight & Jacky
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 19 4:21 PM
              The simple easy fix is to add a 5th line for reverse launching. Just loop a line under the folded
              flap of one rib. Tie the line there. When you pull it, the kite will flip one wing up and away she
              flies. The line may pull the flap open once in a while. You can sew a connection, but this way works
              quick and gets you going. The full blown reverse launch bridle isn't needed and is more dangerous.
              The launch will throw you hard will the full bridle. Just flipping the kite and then working it up
              is less violent.

              Dwight