ARC1120 Line Breakage

  • vandersaal2001
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6, 2002
      Purchased my first big kite last year. Launched twice on land and
      twice on water. Both times on water I broke the same brake line in
      same place. About 12inches from kite. On the Peter Lynn Arc the
      brake lines are run to the trailing edge of the kite. Quite a mess
      when your out in the water flying a 3 line kite. Anyway I wanted to
      know if I should upgrade the brake lines to a 600lb test like the
      main lines. Right now the brake lines are 300lb test.(I weight about
      230lbs in street clothes) If I upgrade to stronger lines am I going
      to notice alot of increased wind drag? This monster has a slow
      response time already. Thanks for your help!

      On the breaking point,

      Jared
      Las Vegas
    • KarabaszJP@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 6, 2002
        May I add the best solution is to check for nick possibilities then go to Q
        Lines We've been upgrading our customers lines to these with excellent results

        Jim Karabasz
        <A HREF="http://www.extremewindsurfing.com/">Extreme Windsurfing</A>