Re: Wipika Snow Foil Report Part 2

  • fernmanus
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 4, 2002
      Pauric,

      25 knots is equivalent to 30 mph winds. 35 knots equal 40 mph. I
      wouldn't throw up a 7M foil in 30 - 40 mph winds either. However, in
      20 - 25 mph winds, I would fly a 7M foil in a foot of powder. If the
      wind is always that strong where you live, use a smaller kite. A 2M
      foil would not generate much power in 20 mph winds. Maybe enough to
      pull you across solid ice, but not through a powder field.

      Kenny

      --- In ksurfschool@y..., "Pauric" <paurico@p...> wrote:
      > I'm sorry, something sounds seriously wrong about a 7m foil up in
      25kn winds - on land. That simply should be able to happen. There
      were strong winds here this weekend, 25kn ish gusting to 35 and there
      was no way I was putting my 3m foil up (and a very inefficient one at
      that).

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/