RE: [ksurfschool] Wipika Snow Foil Report Part 2

  • Pauric
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 4, 2002
      I'm sorry, something sounds seriously wrong about a 7m foil up in 25kn winds - on land. That simply should be able to happen. There were strong winds here this weekend, 25kn ish gusting to 35 and there was no way I was putting my 3m foil up (and a very inefficient one at that).

      It begining to sound like this wipisnowfoil is a bit of a lame horse, any comments Matt?

      To: ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com
      cc:
      Subject: RE: [ksurfschool] Wipika Snow Foil Report Part 2

      i am not trying to tell beginners to ride this kite in
      25. the day that i rode it in 25 there was 1 to 2
      feet of powder, and i know how to ride litt. as far a
      s the projected area, i have no idea. it doesn't
      really matter either. if you are a beginner or you
      are riding on hard snow then you can ride this kite in
      around 10. if you are an advanced rider, and you are
      riding in deep snow you can ride this kite into the
      20s

      sentto-1363319-2520-1011425303-staff=skylinewings.com@...

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 4, 2002
        Pauric,

        25 knots is equivalent to 30 mph winds. 35 knots equal 40 mph. I
        wouldn't throw up a 7M foil in 30 - 40 mph winds either. However, in
        20 - 25 mph winds, I would fly a 7M foil in a foot of powder. If the
        wind is always that strong where you live, use a smaller kite. A 2M
        foil would not generate much power in 20 mph winds. Maybe enough to
        pull you across solid ice, but not through a powder field.

        Kenny

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/