Fwd: Tip for Coiled or Reel Leash

  • kiteboard2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2002
      --- In kitesurf@y..., "kiteboard2000" <kitebord@p...> wrote:
      Why didn't any of you tell me that my Reel leash would stop catching
      in the chop (like it sometimes did) if I simply switched it to my
      left hip?

      New rule for retracting (& coiled?) leashes: If the board's leash
      plug is offset to the right of the board's centerline, mount the
      leash on your left hip (& vice-versa).

      Now it doesn't EVER catch in the chop, no matter HOW far back I lean
      when railing hard. I bet the webbing will last a really long time,
      now that it's not being pulled in & out by the passing chop.

      Mel
      --- End forwarded message ---
    • theflyingtinman
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 4, 2002
        --- In ksurfschool@y..., "kiteboard2000" <kitebord@p...> wrote:
        > New rule for retracting (& coiled?) leashes: If the board's
        > leash plug is offset to the right of the board's centerline,
        > mount the leash on your left hip (& vice-versa).

        Do you have the webbing crossing your body in front or behind?

        Steve T.
      • Mel
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 4, 2002
          theflyingtinman <theflyingtinman@...> wrote:

          > --- In ksurfschool@y..., "kiteboard2000" <kitebord@p...> wrote:
          > > New rule for retracting (& coiled?) leashes: If the board's
          > > leash plug is offset to the right of the board's centerline,
          > > mount the leash on your left hip (& vice-versa).
          >
          > Do you have the webbing crossing your body in front or behind?

          Behind, same as when I had it on the "wrong" hip.