Re: kitesurf group not working

  • callum_downie
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 3, 2002
      Yip, dunno whats happening with that group. I managed to logon for a
      bout 10 minutes a few hours ago but then it had a spaz again....

      Callum

      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 3, 2002
        There seems to be someone or something strange goes against the
        kitesurfing forums:
        1- First someone posted on alt.sports.kitesurfing that the news group
        will be removed on Jan 31, 2002 (however, I still receive messages from
        the group Feb 1, 2002).
        2- The British Kitesurfing Association web site at www.kitesurfing.org
        is no longer functioning (points to some strange site). The Whois
        record indicates that it was changed on Jan 31, 2002.
        3- The kitesurf group has stopped working since yesterday.

        I hope these are coincidences and the groups will be back working
        normally and also nothing will happen to this group nor the Kitesurfing
        School web site.

        Hung.

        cfglazier wrote:

        > > ps. I wanted to post this message also to the 'Kitesurf group',
        > but I
        > > think it's not working properly just now...?!
        >
        > Yes this is the second day that it is not working.
        > Chris G

      • callum_downie
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 3, 2002
          > There seems to be someone or something strange goes against the
          > kitesurfing forums:
          > 1- First someone posted on alt.sports.kitesurfing that the
          >news group
          > will be removed on Jan 31, 2002 (however, I still receive messages
          >from
          > the group Feb 1, 2002).

          I hope the group hasn't gone... there was some great information on
          the group and in the archives...

          Callum
        • callum_downie
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 3, 2002
            Just thought I'd elt you all know the kitesurf group seams to be
            working again - hold your breath...

            --- In ksurfschool@y..., "callum_downie" <callum_downie@h...> wrote:
            > --- In ksurfschool@y..., Hung Vu <hungvu@n...> wrote:
            > > There seems to be someone or something strange goes against the
            > > kitesurfing forums:
            > > 1- First someone posted on alt.sports.kitesurfing that the
            > >news group
            > > will be removed on Jan 31, 2002 (however, I still receive
            messages
            > >from
            > > the group Feb 1, 2002).
            >
            > I hope the group hasn't gone... there was some great information on
            > the group and in the archives...
            >
            > Callum
          • Carlo
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 4, 2002
              What you can do is to switch your lines every second day. IE.put your left
              lines on the right side and right lines on left side. Most people tend to
              have a strong side, and this should even out your lines.

              Carlo