RE: [ksurfschool] Slingshot B5 as an entry level winter kite ?

  • David Stanek
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 23, 2002
      Look at our web site for info in JOJO INSTINC series - we supply thises on
      3-line bar as well as with handles. Very easy to fly, clean design with
      simple bridle lines, price and quality hard to beat, well performing kites
      for both beach and snow.
      Regards
      David
      www.jojokites.com

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 24, 2002
        How big is the Sling Shot B5?

        I would recommend a 4-5m2 foil for winter kiting in 10-20 knots for a
        70 - 80 Kg beginner.

        Hung.

        stigu2002 wrote:

        > Hi folks,
        >
        > I'm seeking for the first "snow kite" and considering to
        > purchase one quite soon. Because this kite will be shared by
        > several trainees (among our local windsurfing club members) I would
        > like to get a kite which is robust and tangle-free( I don't want to
        > spend the whole day clearing those messy lines left behind some other
        > users). The kite should be also self-launchable without any 3rd party
        > assistance. The power of the kite should be only moderate (for
        > moderate winds like 10-20 knots)but still capable for moving skiers
        > and snowboarders in the 70 - 80 kg range. Also steering of the kite
        > should be easy as possible since intended users are all novice for
        > this sport (for example real four line kites like CQuads might be too
        > demanding for us, inflatables are too fragile when hitting on ice
        > etc..).
        >
        > Well..that was the "requiments specification"...
        >
        > Since I have a quite positive feeling of (but very limited practical
        > experiences with ) the Slingshot B2 training kite, I would like get
        > some opinions of SS B5 as an entry level winter kite !?
        >
        > Are there any better alternatives ? Is B5 powerfull enough and how
        > does it compare to for example Peter Lynn Peels or similar ones ??
        > All suggestions and experiences are more than wellcome ;)
        >
        > - Stig -
        >
        > PS. Sorry if this have been asked before, but the "search function"
        > of this service is quite lousy and I couldn't find anything usefull
        > from the result set mess..

      • Philip
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 25, 2002
          The b-5 in my opinion is an excellent fist snow kite. I would set it up
          with the brake/reverse relaunch bridle and a third line for ease of use.
          Let me know if you have questions. I have them in stock and ready to
          fly.

          Philip

          Philip Mann
          Inland Sea Windsurf Co.