Re: [ksurfschool] Re: which board

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 7, 2002
      It is way too small.

      Hung.

      n_moad wrote:

      > i can use the b2 to surf cant i??
      > or is it too small, and only useable on land as an actual kite to
      > learn the basic skills?. what is the cheapst kite u could surf with
      > using the production wakeboard???
      >
      > thanks
      > n_moad

    • kick5onthenose
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 7, 2002
        -Hey amigo, you can definitely learn to kite with a wakeboard, I
        think it's even easier to change direction than to worry about jibing
        with a directional. About the B2 though, this kite will be great for
        you to practice your kite handling on land, but unless it's blowing
        nuclear winds you will not be able to kitesurf with the B2. Depending
        on your weight you will need a full size kite. I suggest learning
        with someone who knows what they're doing, kiting is dangerous in the
        hands of a novice, and even experts sometimes. The best size to go
        with would be around 9.0m2, that way you'ld be able to learn how to
        body-drag and eventually get up and go. Now depending on the winds
        around your area it would be a good idea to check with a local shop
        or rider for a good size for your weight. Good luck, be careful and
        have fun!!

        -- In ksurfschool@y..., "n_moad" <n_moad@y...> wrote:
        > i can use the b2 to surf cant i??
        > or is it too small, and only useable on land as an actual kite to
        > learn the basic skills?. what is the cheapst kite u could surf with
        > using the production wakeboard???
        >
        > thanks
        > n_moad
      • Mel
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 7, 2002
          kick5onthenose <kick5onthenose@...> wrote:

          > depending on the winds
          > around your area it would be a good idea to check with a local shop
          > or rider for a good size for your weight.

          Or check my interactive wind range chart in the kitesurf group files.