Re: which board

  • n_moad
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 4, 2002
      i can use the b2 to surf cant i??
      or is it too small, and only useable on land as an actual kite to
      learn the basic skills?. what is the cheapst kite u could surf with
      using the production wakeboard???

      thanks
      n_moad
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 7, 2002
        It is way too small.

        Hung.

        n_moad wrote:

        > i can use the b2 to surf cant i??
        > or is it too small, and only useable on land as an actual kite to
        > learn the basic skills?. what is the cheapst kite u could surf with
        > using the production wakeboard???
        >
        > thanks
        > n_moad

      • kick5onthenose
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 7, 2002
          -Hey amigo, you can definitely learn to kite with a wakeboard, I
          think it's even easier to change direction than to worry about jibing
          with a directional. About the B2 though, this kite will be great for
          you to practice your kite handling on land, but unless it's blowing
          nuclear winds you will not be able to kitesurf with the B2. Depending
          on your weight you will need a full size kite. I suggest learning
          with someone who knows what they're doing, kiting is dangerous in the
          hands of a novice, and even experts sometimes. The best size to go
          with would be around 9.0m2, that way you'ld be able to learn how to
          body-drag and eventually get up and go. Now depending on the winds
          around your area it would be a good idea to check with a local shop
          or rider for a good size for your weight. Good luck, be careful and
          have fun!!

          -- In ksurfschool@y..., "n_moad" <n_moad@y...> wrote:
          > i can use the b2 to surf cant i??
          > or is it too small, and only useable on land as an actual kite to
          > learn the basic skills?. what is the cheapst kite u could surf with
          > using the production wakeboard???
          >
          > thanks
          > n_moad
        • Mel
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 7, 2002
            kick5onthenose <kick5onthenose@...> wrote:

            > depending on the winds
            > around your area it would be a good idea to check with a local shop
            > or rider for a good size for your weight.

            Or check my interactive wind range chart in the kitesurf group files.