Re: [ksurfschool] Quiver help

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 4, 2002
      Matt,

      The simplest choice is the 11.5, the more complex one is the AirBlast
      8.4

      Hung.

      kitesurfmn wrote:

      > I could use a little help in sizing up my quiver. I am 200 pounds and
      > kite on gusty inland lakes. I ride low volume twintips.
      >
      > For 2002 I am looking into the follwoing kite sizes.
      >
      > A 15.5 for lighter wind and a 7.5 for High wind.
      >
      > My question lies with the size between the two. The choice is a 11.5
      > or a 9.5????????
      >
      > Any input as to which size fits better between the two?
      >
      > Matt

    • kitesurfmn
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 4, 2002
        Naish ARX kites.

        15.5 for light stuff
        7.5 for big days

        But which kite in the middle, 11.5 or 9.5?????????

        I am 200 pounds in very gusty conditions, riding low volume TT's

        --- In ksurfschool@y..., KarabaszJP@a... wrote:
        > What brand & models are you looking at
        >
        > As a BIG (6'2 240#) kitesurfer. I'm SURE I can make some relevant
        > recomendations
        >
        > Let me know
        >
        > Jim Karabasz
        > <A HREF="http://www.extremewindsurfing.com/">Extreme Windsurfing</A>
      • Mel
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 4, 2002
          kitesurfmn <kitesurfmn@...> wrote:

          > But which kite in the middle, 11.5 or 9.5?????????

          My interactive spreadsheet might be of some assistance. Go to the "other"
          kitesurf yahoogroup files area, in a folder called "Mel's Stuff" & you'll
          see "kite specs". Select the "range estimator" at the bottom, & follow the
          highlighted instructions.

          Mel
        • fernmanus
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 8, 2002
            The simple answer is the 11.5. The 11.5 will give you a little more
            upper range, but you should be able to easily overlap a 7.5.

            You weigh 200 LBS, better start looking at a bigger kite than a 15.5
            for light stuff. I weigh 175 LBS and I use a 16.4 Wipika AB
            (equivalent to a Naish 22.5) in 10 - 15 mph winds. The 15.5 is good
            for 15 - 20, 11.5 18 - 25, 7.5 25+

            Kenny