Re: [ksurfschool] which board

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 4, 2002
      Many people use standard production wakeboard for kitesurfing (I am one
      of those).

      However, a wakeboard is not an ideal board to learn on.

      So if you are on a limited budget and want to learn the sport then go
      for it, just remember that it may take longer with more frustration. If
      you do, you may want to keep a log and post here such that the next
      wakeboarder can learn from your experiences.

      P.S., Also, replace the high wrap binding with straps and bungees or
      sandal binding while learning.

      P.P.S., Try to negotiate with your dealer that you can trade in the b2
      kit once you know how to fly properly (1 or 2 weeks max.)

      Hung.

      n_moad wrote:

      > i currently possess a wakeboard and i am contemplating purchasing a
      > b2 kit and learn how to kitesurf. i dont want to spend too much money
      > to start with as i wish to explore the enjoyment the sport brings,
      > therefore i am wondering if it is possible to use a wakeboard with
      > the kite??
      >
      > thankyou
      >
      > n_moad

    • n_moad
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 4, 2002
        thanks hungvu
        ive got some sandals and ill ask the dealer bout trading the b2
        when i learn sufficiently on that. thanks again!
        ill make a log and post it soon.

        n_moad

        > Many people use standard production wakeboard for kitesurfing (I am
        one
        > of those).
        >
        > However, a wakeboard is not an ideal board to learn on.
        >
        > So if you are on a limited budget and want to learn the sport then
        go
        > for it, just remember that it may take longer with more
        frustration. If
        > you do, you may want to keep a log and post here such that the next
        > wakeboarder can learn from your experiences.
        >
        > P.S., Also, replace the high wrap binding with straps and bungees or
        > sandal binding while learning.
        >
        > P.P.S., Try to negotiate with your dealer that you can trade in the
        b2
        > kit once you know how to fly properly (1 or 2 weeks max.)
        >
        > Hung.
        >
        > n_moad wrote:
        > >
        > > i currently possess a wakeboard and i am contemplating purchasing
        > > b2 kit and learn how to kitesurf. i dont want to spend too much
        money
        > > to start with as i wish to explore the enjoyment the sport brings,
        > > therefore i am wondering if it is possible to use a wakeboard with
        > > the kite??
        > >
        > > thankyou
        > >
        > > n_moad
        > >

        > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • n_moad
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 4, 2002
          i can use the b2 to surf cant i??
          or is it too small, and only useable on land as an actual kite to
          learn the basic skills?. what is the cheapst kite u could surf with
          using the production wakeboard???

          thanks
          n_moad
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 7, 2002
            It is way too small.

            Hung.

            n_moad wrote:

            > i can use the b2 to surf cant i??
            > or is it too small, and only useable on land as an actual kite to
            > learn the basic skills?. what is the cheapst kite u could surf with
            > using the production wakeboard???
            >
            > thanks
            > n_moad

          • kick5onthenose
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 7, 2002
              -Hey amigo, you can definitely learn to kite with a wakeboard, I
              think it's even easier to change direction than to worry about jibing
              with a directional. About the B2 though, this kite will be great for
              you to practice your kite handling on land, but unless it's blowing
              nuclear winds you will not be able to kitesurf with the B2. Depending
              on your weight you will need a full size kite. I suggest learning
              with someone who knows what they're doing, kiting is dangerous in the
              hands of a novice, and even experts sometimes. The best size to go
              with would be around 9.0m2, that way you'ld be able to learn how to
              body-drag and eventually get up and go. Now depending on the winds
              around your area it would be a good idea to check with a local shop
              or rider for a good size for your weight. Good luck, be careful and
              have fun!!

              -- In ksurfschool@y..., "n_moad" <n_moad@y...> wrote:
              > i can use the b2 to surf cant i??
              > or is it too small, and only useable on land as an actual kite to
              > learn the basic skills?. what is the cheapst kite u could surf with
              > using the production wakeboard???
              >
              > thanks
              > n_moad
            • Mel
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 7, 2002
                kick5onthenose <kick5onthenose@...> wrote:

                > depending on the winds
                > around your area it would be a good idea to check with a local shop
                > or rider for a good size for your weight.

                Or check my interactive wind range chart in the kitesurf group files.