Quiver help

  • kitesurfmn
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 3, 2002
      I could use a little help in sizing up my quiver. I am 200 pounds and
      kite on gusty inland lakes. I ride low volume twintips.

      For 2002 I am looking into the follwoing kite sizes.

      A 15.5 for lighter wind and a 7.5 for High wind.

      My question lies with the size between the two. The choice is a 11.5
      or a 9.5????????

      Any input as to which size fits better between the two?

      Matt
    • KarabaszJP@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 3, 2002
        What brand & models are you looking at

        As a BIG (6'2 240#) kitesurfer. I'm SURE I can make some relevant
        recomendations

        Let me know

        Jim Karabasz
        <A HREF="http://www.extremewindsurfing.com/">Extreme Windsurfing</A>
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 4, 2002
          Matt,

          The simplest choice is the 11.5, the more complex one is the AirBlast
          8.4

          Hung.

          kitesurfmn wrote:

          > I could use a little help in sizing up my quiver. I am 200 pounds and
          > kite on gusty inland lakes. I ride low volume twintips.
          >
          > For 2002 I am looking into the follwoing kite sizes.
          >
          > A 15.5 for lighter wind and a 7.5 for High wind.
          >
          > My question lies with the size between the two. The choice is a 11.5
          > or a 9.5????????
          >
          > Any input as to which size fits better between the two?
          >
          > Matt

        • kitesurfmn
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 4, 2002
            Naish ARX kites.

            15.5 for light stuff
            7.5 for big days

            But which kite in the middle, 11.5 or 9.5?????????

            I am 200 pounds in very gusty conditions, riding low volume TT's

            --- In ksurfschool@y..., KarabaszJP@a... wrote:
            > What brand & models are you looking at
            >
            > As a BIG (6'2 240#) kitesurfer. I'm SURE I can make some relevant
            > recomendations
            >
            > Let me know
            >
            > Jim Karabasz
            > <A HREF="http://www.extremewindsurfing.com/">Extreme Windsurfing</A>
          • Mel
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 4, 2002
              kitesurfmn <kitesurfmn@...> wrote:

              > But which kite in the middle, 11.5 or 9.5?????????

              My interactive spreadsheet might be of some assistance. Go to the "other"
              kitesurf yahoogroup files area, in a folder called "Mel's Stuff" & you'll
              see "kite specs". Select the "range estimator" at the bottom, & follow the
              highlighted instructions.

              Mel
            • fernmanus
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 8, 2002
                The simple answer is the 11.5. The 11.5 will give you a little more
                upper range, but you should be able to easily overlap a 7.5.

                You weigh 200 LBS, better start looking at a bigger kite than a 15.5
                for light stuff. I weigh 175 LBS and I use a 16.4 Wipika AB
                (equivalent to a Naish 22.5) in 10 - 15 mph winds. The 15.5 is good
                for 15 - 20, 11.5 18 - 25, 7.5 25+

                Kenny