Pro Limit pin release spreader

  • airdoodle
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2002
      Anyone else notice that Pro-limit has a new item listed under the
      kite harness section, titled a spreader bar release system that
      they say has been the standard for a year now???

      "In one year our Pin Release Spreader has established itself as
      the easiest to use and most robust Quick Release system on
      the market today. All stainless steel components make it
      "bombproof" and engaging and releasing the spreader takes a
      push or a pull, its really that simple"

      I recall a lot of discussion here (some instigated by myslef)
      about "wouldn't it be awesome if a spreader bar release was
      available commercially...". Does any one know if this is the
      anticipated new product.? (Lots of discussion in the past about
      it coming soon...) One other thing, if it is new why is it an
      industry standard (for a year??). Other Q's come to mind, is it
      now standard on the harness? can it be retrofitted to
      others????? Info from ProLimit would be great, or others who
      are in the know? Check out this address for the horses mouth

      http://www.pro-limit.nl/2001/displayfeature.php3?feature_id=44
    • airdoodle
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2002
        UH-OH-
        Disregard first posting, it turns out to be the mechanism of
        releasing the bar on the harness, not for the attachment of the
        kite, If you care to look, the graphic on thier web page makes this
        clear, and was something I did not look at closely enough the
        first time... I guess we wait for the real kite release system.
        UGH!
      • Mel
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 4, 2002
          airdoodle <matthew.hockin@...> wrote:

          > Disregard first posting, it turns out to be the mechanism of
          > releasing the bar on the harness, not for the attachment of the
          > kite, ... I guess we wait for the real kite release system.
          > UGH!

          We shouldn't have to wait very long. I think Pro Limit said their new "Kite
          Safety" spreader would be out around February (it's already on their parts
          list, although the price is TBA).