Re: Low AR .vs. high AR

  • fernmanus
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2001
      Hung,

      Good observations. I wish to add a couple more thoughts.

      Where I live the wind is generally light (Salt Lake City, UT).
      Therefore, I use high AR kites. The primary reason is for jumping.
      I have found the large high AR kites to be more responsive. When you
      jump, the faster you can move the kite overhead, the more pop you
      will have off the water. I found it very difficult to jump with slow
      moving large kites.

      I have kite surfed in high wind conditions as well. In high wind
      conditions a low AR is nice because the kite is more stable and will
      feel less twitchy.