Re: [ksurfschool] A quick release. (COM)

  • Mel
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 25, 2001
      ex_cpe <jim@...> wrote:

      > I'm actually looking for critical thinking.
      > I've fiddled in a machine shop with a couple of ideas for a QR, but
      they're too
      > mechanical/complicated to produce. This one is pretty simple, but it may
      > have a major flaw. I'd like to see what you all think. Hit the link at
      > www.wetstuff.com

      I wouldn't have thought seatbelt buckles would release easily under high
      load, but I guess you've tested that (?).

      The "panic button" looks like it may be a little TOO easy to activate for
      some (activated accidentally?), but it looks like it would work with just
      the stock button.

      Believe it or not, a lot of riders still haven't switched to ARCs yet ;-)
      so you might want to make it possible to leave the Reactor roller on.

      Tapping* makes for a cleaner installation, but for a "do-it-yourself" home
      kit you might consider nuts (& slightly longer bolts) although it looks like
      your plate is thicker than the Reactor's, so it might be better to just tap
      your plate anyway, & put the bolt heads on the bottom. For the NON
      do-it-yourself types you might consider selling the spreader complete,
      already assembled.
      *I'd think that anybody who's into tapping would likely have their own

      I wouldn't spend too much on tooling, marketing, or whatever yet, since the
      ProLimit model will be available soon.