Re: [ksurfschool] Some help?

  • Diogo
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 8, 1904
      Andre thank you, but I'm wondering if you can get going on a 8.4. I think
      that's the best choice because I gone have more wind options is that right?

      ps: sorry about the english I hope you can understand me.

      diogo
    • diogozero
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 13, 2001
        Hi I'm new in this group and I want to now the right size of kite for
        me I have 85Kg and the wind in my local beach is 5-15knt.

        thank's

        diog
      • Mel
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 13, 2001
          Go to the kitesurf group files & look in the "Mel's Stuff" folder for the
          "kite specs" file & check the "range estimator" sheet.

          > Hi I'm new in this group and I want to now the right size of kite for
          > me I have 85Kg and the wind in my local beach is 5-15knt.
          >
          > thank's
          >
          > diog

        • Andre Myburgh
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 13, 2001
            > Go to the kitesurf group files & look in the "Mel's Stuff"
            > folder for the "kite specs" file & check the "range estimator" sheet.

            Or just buy the biggest kite you can find ;-)

            I weigh that (86kg). I can get going in 5 knots on a longboard and 8.4
            Airblast (11 Naish). I'm guessing an 11.8 Airblast (16 Naish) and a floaty
            directional will get you going in 5 knots too. You should be able to handle
            an 11.8 in 15knots with a smaller board. If I were you, get a bigger board
            (for learning and for <12 knots) and an 11.8 (=16 Naish). Then, when you're
            confident, go for a smaller board in 12+knots.

            On the other hand, if it's blowing 5 knots more often than 15, go bigger (16
            Airblast/Free-Air = 23Naish).

            There's a (big) guy here cruising and doing jumps on a small board and a
            2000 16-Free-Air in barely over 5 knots.

            Cheers

            Andre