Re: [ksurfschool] New "Kiteboarding" section

  • pauric
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 12, 2001
      Hi Hung

      Let me know how you are getting on with the Mountain board. Thats how I
      started out and I'm now progressing to kitesurf.

      One thing I did with a mountainboard which may make sense to you... I found
      that by running approx 6 bungy cords (are you familiar with that name?)
      along the toe edge of the board - from axel to axel. That stiffened the toe
      side up so that when you lean back against the kite - the board held a level
      keel.

      It depends on the board and how stiff the trucks are. I'm using a 5 year
      old MBS.. its well old and well crap. If you have one of the new MBS's or
      something similar then you may find no need for this

      anyway.. enough of me rambling

      cheers

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 15, 2001
        pauric wrote:
        > One thing I did with a mountainboard which may make sense to you... I found
        > that by running approx 6 bungy cords (are you familiar with that name?)
        > along the toe edge of the board - from axel to axel. That stiffened the toe
        > side up so that when you lean back against the kite - the board held a level
        > keel.
        >
        > It depends on the board and how stiff the trucks are. I'm using a 5 year
        > old MBS.. its well old and well crap. If you have one of the new MBS's or
        > something similar then you may find no need for this

        I had the same problem with the differences in weight distribution of
        "kiteboarding" compared to kitesurfing and kiteskiing. I solved the
        problem using different technique but this use of "bungy cords" is
        somewhat interesting. I will give it a try to see the differences.