New "Kiteboarding" section

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 7, 2001
      I have been playing with a mountain board and a finless wakeboard on
      land in the last few weeks and start to understand/appreciate the finer
      points of the sport.

      Expect to see a new section "Kiteboarding" that would cover both
      mountainboard on grass or firm sand and finless wakeboard on soft sand
      in the next update to the http://www.KitesurfingSchool.org web site
      (supposely Dec 2001 but may be delayed until Jan 2002 as I will have
      more time during the holidays).

      If you live in a climate similar to mine (it's too cold for kitesurfing
      now and still too warm for kiteskiing), go "kiteboarding" today...

      P.S., If you are a kitesurfing equipment distributor/manufacturer and
      want to have your new products listed on the "Equipment News" section of
      the Kitesurfing School web site, please email me at hungvu@...
      (hungvu at netcom dot ca).

      Regards,

      Hung.
    • pauric
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 12, 2001
        Hi Hung

        Let me know how you are getting on with the Mountain board. Thats how I
        started out and I'm now progressing to kitesurf.

        One thing I did with a mountainboard which may make sense to you... I found
        that by running approx 6 bungy cords (are you familiar with that name?)
        along the toe edge of the board - from axel to axel. That stiffened the toe
        side up so that when you lean back against the kite - the board held a level
        keel.

        It depends on the board and how stiff the trucks are. I'm using a 5 year
        old MBS.. its well old and well crap. If you have one of the new MBS's or
        something similar then you may find no need for this

        anyway.. enough of me rambling

        cheers

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 15, 2001
          pauric wrote:
          > One thing I did with a mountainboard which may make sense to you... I found
          > that by running approx 6 bungy cords (are you familiar with that name?)
          > along the toe edge of the board - from axel to axel. That stiffened the toe
          > side up so that when you lean back against the kite - the board held a level
          > keel.
          >
          > It depends on the board and how stiff the trucks are. I'm using a 5 year
          > old MBS.. its well old and well crap. If you have one of the new MBS's or
          > something similar then you may find no need for this

          I had the same problem with the differences in weight distribution of
          "kiteboarding" compared to kitesurfing and kiteskiing. I solved the
          problem using different technique but this use of "bungy cords" is
          somewhat interesting. I will give it a try to see the differences.