Re: [ksurf] Weight & misunderstanding

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2001
      > choosing a
      > > board. It is when

      This is correct in 8-25 knots. I don't want to be on a 140 cm board in
      sub 8 knots nor I want to be on a 230 cm board in plus 25 knots.

      > same principal in kiting. Both factors i.e kite size (or more
      > importantly power) amd riders weight both have a influence on board
      > selection.

      This is correct in sub 8 knots or plus 25 knots.

      Kitesurfing is very flexible in 8-25 knots alowing one to mix and match
      any kite with any board (the two have to go together to match the
      condition). So in 8-25 knots, go for your favorite board and then
      select the kite to match the condition; however, in more extreme
      conditions (sub 8 knots or plus 25 knots), more specific board is
      desirable.

      P.S., The 140-230 cm and 8-25 knots ranges are for me. Different riders
      may have slightly different ranges.