Re: Light wind kite information?? Of the topic story

  • nostalgiker@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 22 , Dec 2, 2001
      --- In ksurfschool@y..., "frederic dujardin" <fdujardin@f...> wrote:
      > Hi ,
      > Don't forget the equation of wing's lift : air density * surface
      (projected) * square of speed * Cz

      > So kites are much more sensitives to speed than to surface .And
      more surface ofen gives less speed.
      > Don't forget the Cz ratio which is only a number in relation which
      in fact (if I've well understood...) is dealing
      > with the overall shape of the wing and profile .
      >
      > I believe we may interpret this formula as : "for a given
      surface , the more powerfull kite will be the fastest
      > one "
      > So , for 11 m² projected , a good deal would be a good foil !
      > P-s I've just received my Mastair 12 , I was hesitating a moment
      with a 16.4 airblast.
      > No regrets , great kite in my opinion .

      I have been looking at foils just because there faster and lighter
      and proberly have a better performance...But i want to be able to
      handle it and the wind range of a foil is much more narrow thats
      what ive heard...And mayby you have more truble whith bridles tangle
      lines and kollaps kites in air because of gusty wind..Its gusty most
      of the time where i kite...But the mast air seem to be a good kite i
      agree :)If i had steady wind all the time i proberly would bought a
      foil..:)
      ANd