RE: [ksurfschool] Re: Light wind kite information?? Of the topic story

  • frederic dujardin
    Message 1 of 22 , Dec 1, 2001
      Hi ,
      Don't forget the equation of wing's lift : air density * surface(projected) * square of speed * Cz

      So kites are much more sensitives to speed than to surface .And more surface ofen gives less speed.
      Don't forget the Cz ratio which is only a number in relation which in fact (if I've well understood...) is dealing
      with the overall shape of the wing and profile .

      I believe we may interpret this formula as : "for a given surface , the more powerfull kite will be the fastest
      one "
      So , for 11 m� projected , a good deal would be a good foil !
      P-s I've just received my Mastair 12 , I was hesitating a moment with a 16.4 airblast.
      No regrets , great kite in my opinion .
    • courchesne@home.com
      Message 2 of 22 , Dec 2, 2001
        Hi guys just got a new lite wind board Twin Tip with four fins 170cm.
        It 's made in Ontario Canada by Dan from ( epicboards.com ) it's nice
        and lite only 6.5 lbs.I can use my boot bindings or sandles from my
        other board(wakeboard 143 cm ) the tiwntip is 3/4 " thick by 16" wide
        with very sharp rails good for going upwind and i been told guys use
        it for high winds too . it's made of ( polymer carbon, glass epoxy,
        and heat cured. The best thing about it is it's price in Canadian dollards
        more than half the price from ordering one from the states. Dan gives
        10% off if ordered before spring . Well cant wait to try it out this
        summer and see how well it works. PS like to know if anyone else tried
        and Epic Board ( Twintip, Directional,Wakeboard ) before and how they
        compare to other similar boards ? Ok still waiting for good amount of
        snow to try new snowboard i hope it's here before Christmas holidays.

        Jonnykitesurfer.

      • nostalgiker@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 22 , Dec 2, 2001
          --- In ksurfschool@y..., "frederic dujardin" <fdujardin@f...> wrote:
          > Hi ,
          > Don't forget the equation of wing's lift : air density * surface
          (projected) * square of speed * Cz

          > So kites are much more sensitives to speed than to surface .And
          more surface ofen gives less speed.
          > Don't forget the Cz ratio which is only a number in relation which
          in fact (if I've well understood...) is dealing
          > with the overall shape of the wing and profile .
          >
          > I believe we may interpret this formula as : "for a given
          surface , the more powerfull kite will be the fastest
          > one "
          > So , for 11 m² projected , a good deal would be a good foil !
          > P-s I've just received my Mastair 12 , I was hesitating a moment
          with a 16.4 airblast.
          > No regrets , great kite in my opinion .

          I have been looking at foils just because there faster and lighter
          and proberly have a better performance...But i want to be able to
          handle it and the wind range of a foil is much more narrow thats
          what ive heard...And mayby you have more truble whith bridles tangle
          lines and kollaps kites in air because of gusty wind..Its gusty most
          of the time where i kite...But the mast air seem to be a good kite i
          agree :)If i had steady wind all the time i proberly would bought a
          foil..:)
          ANd