Re: [ksurfschool] Re: Light wind kite information??

    Message 1 of 22 , Dec 1, 2001
      nostalgiker@... wrote:
      > Thoughts:
      > I think i read somewhere in Hung kite school that a small kite that
      > moves fast generates more power by movment than a bigger kite..
      > Or im I out on thin ice :)

      I think you have it right but just to make it clear: a faster kite can
      generate more power for its size BUT NOT necessarily more power than a
      larger kite.

      Hung.
    • Dwight & Jacky
      Message 2 of 22 , Dec 1, 2001
        > To dwight
        > Mayby there is no idea to surf if you have to sine a 17,5
        > constantly...
        > what i ment was during the lulls to keep the edge..
        > Thoughts:
        > I think i read somewhere in Hung kite school that a small kite that
        > moves fast generates more power by movment than a bigger kite..
        > Or im I out on thin ice :)

        It is true that with a very small and fast kite you can make a lot of power sine flying a kite. This
        is not a fun way to kite, and the 9.4 kite is not small enough or fast enough to be fun flying it
        that way.

        > Statement:
        > Mayby there is no straight answer wich size brand or sine pattern you
        > can use I just want to be able to surf more....) Mayby im frustrated
        > because my kite have been in the shop for 3 month an all the aug sep
        > okt (ok thats 4 month)wind has blowned away..

        Cabrinha bladders are easy to get now. You should be able to get your kite fixed immediately.

        I dont think i have to

      • nostalgiker@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 22 , Dec 1, 2001
          "Cabrinha bladders are easy to get now. You should be able to get
          your kite fixed immediately".

          To dwight:
          Mayby where you live :) But we only have one shop whith cabrihna
          products in the near area.. And they are waiting for the right
          quality stamp on the bladdes thats what they told me :) Every time
          ive called the shop someone tells me the bladders will com mayby
          next friday...Thats wath ive heard for 4 month they have never told
          me why it takes so long or enything else..I found out what type of
          problems cabrinha have had whith the bladders on my own..

          So here is a funny story I booked a trip to fuerte ventura in August
          i then thought the bladders would be fixed untill oktober..But no no
          so 1 of okt i went to fuerte and rented i kite down there....The
          hotell was in corralejo... And because there was no wind (okt is a no
          wind month there apperently) I went to sotavento 1 1/2 hour drive
          south....

          Big beaches and a really nice spot...And here is the funny part Rene
          Egli pro center which I have never heard about had all the Cabrinha
          products on the beach ..2002 kites and boards so i started to talk to
          a german guy an instructor i think..And i started to complain about
          my kite beeing in the shop home and he looked like a question mark
          and told me that my kite should have beeing fixed by now..And it so
          happend that it was some kind of retailer conference and he was going
          to talk to the swedish retailer or nordic retailer...And i thought
          that he was just talking to calm me down or something...

          after 1 week of a little kite surf and nice weather I went home..
          And i called the shop for the mayby 100 time..The owner told me well
          we dont have them but there have been a retailer conferance in
          sotavento and now the right type of bladders are on the way mayby in
          a couple of weeks we will have them here And they are not sheep... (I
          dont care im not paying) I thought to my self....

          Once again the shop didnt tell me anything i didnt now i dont know if
          my complain did speed things up i hope it didnt..But I wonder cause
          every one tells me i should already have my bladders...The world can
          be small sometimes..And irretating... :)

          --- In ksurfschool@y..., "Dwight & Jacky" <fishersfort@a...> wrote:
          > > To dwight
          > > Mayby there is no idea to surf if you have to sine a 17,5
          > > constantly...
          > > what i ment was during the lulls to keep the edge..
          > > Thoughts:
          > > I think i read somewhere in Hung kite school that a small kite
          that
          > > moves fast generates more power by movment than a bigger kite..
          > > Or im I out on thin ice :)
          >
          > It is true that with a very small and fast kite you can make a lot
          of power sine flying a kite. This
          > is not a fun way to kite, and the 9.4 kite is not small enough or
          fast enough to be fun flying it
          > that way.
          >
          > > Statement:
          > > Mayby there is no straight answer wich size brand or sine pattern
          you
          > > can use I just want to be able to surf more....) Mayby im
          frustrated
          > > because my kite have been in the shop for 3 month an all the aug
          sep
          > > okt (ok thats 4 month)wind has blowned away..
          >
          > Cabrinha bladders are easy to get now. You should be able to get
          your kite fixed immediately.

          > I dont think i have to
          > > say which brand im using...They proberly have enough problems its
          > > very good kite and mayby if im nice i will get my bladders in
          > > christmas mornig....I actually saw the 2002 kites in sotavento
          fuerte
          > > (The German camp) ventura and they looked really nice stronger
          > > material on the leading edge and proberly good material on the
          > > inside :)
          > > Truth:
          > > One thing i know is that in the summer 2002 I will have som kind
          of
          > > big flying object that will be able to take me out in less wind
          then
          > > im able now...
          > >

          > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • frederic dujardin
          Message 4 of 22 , Dec 1, 2001
            Hi ,
            Don't forget the equation of wing's lift : air density * surface(projected) * square of speed * Cz

            So kites are much more sensitives to speed than to surface .And more surface ofen gives less speed.
            Don't forget the Cz ratio which is only a number in relation which in fact (if I've well understood...) is dealing
            with the overall shape of the wing and profile .

            I believe we may interpret this formula as : "for a given surface , the more powerfull kite will be the fastest
            one "
            So , for 11 m� projected , a good deal would be a good foil !
            P-s I've just received my Mastair 12 , I was hesitating a moment with a 16.4 airblast.
            No regrets , great kite in my opinion .
          • courchesne@home.com
            Message 5 of 22 , Dec 2, 2001
              Hi guys just got a new lite wind board Twin Tip with four fins 170cm.
              It 's made in Ontario Canada by Dan from ( epicboards.com ) it's nice
              and lite only 6.5 lbs.I can use my boot bindings or sandles from my
              other board(wakeboard 143 cm ) the tiwntip is 3/4 " thick by 16" wide
              with very sharp rails good for going upwind and i been told guys use
              it for high winds too . it's made of ( polymer carbon, glass epoxy,
              and heat cured. The best thing about it is it's price in Canadian dollards
              more than half the price from ordering one from the states. Dan gives
              10% off if ordered before spring . Well cant wait to try it out this
              summer and see how well it works. PS like to know if anyone else tried
              and Epic Board ( Twintip, Directional,Wakeboard ) before and how they
              compare to other similar boards ? Ok still waiting for good amount of
              snow to try new snowboard i hope it's here before Christmas holidays.

              Jonnykitesurfer.

            • nostalgiker@hotmail.com
              Message 6 of 22 , Dec 2, 2001
                --- In ksurfschool@y..., "frederic dujardin" <fdujardin@f...> wrote:
                > Hi ,
                > Don't forget the equation of wing's lift : air density * surface
                (projected) * square of speed * Cz

                > So kites are much more sensitives to speed than to surface .And
                more surface ofen gives less speed.
                > Don't forget the Cz ratio which is only a number in relation which
                in fact (if I've well understood...) is dealing
                > with the overall shape of the wing and profile .
                >
                > I believe we may interpret this formula as : "for a given
                surface , the more powerfull kite will be the fastest
                > one "
                > So , for 11 m² projected , a good deal would be a good foil !
                > P-s I've just received my Mastair 12 , I was hesitating a moment
                with a 16.4 airblast.
                > No regrets , great kite in my opinion .

                I have been looking at foils just because there faster and lighter
                and proberly have a better performance...But i want to be able to
                handle it and the wind range of a foil is much more narrow thats
                what ive heard...And mayby you have more truble whith bridles tangle
                lines and kollaps kites in air because of gusty wind..Its gusty most
                of the time where i kite...But the mast air seem to be a good kite i
                agree :)If i had steady wind all the time i proberly would bought a
                foil..:)
                ANd