Re: freebar - don´t know

  • Mel
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 28, 2001
      Rene <kitesurfman@...> wrote:

      > Hi Mel!
      > I´ve read many things about the "Freebar" but I have not understand
      > how it is build. can you please explain it to me?

      If your front/center leader (trim line) is always connected to your harness
      spreader by a snap shackle (instead of a removable trim loop) there's no
      longer any need for that trim line to pass through the control bar (or any
      fitting attached to the bar). You can then "free" your bar by passing the
      trim line below the bar. It passes through the loop made by the harness
      line, if you have one (I say "if" because some of us ARC users have none).
      This system is particularly beneficial in very gusty conditions, because the
      bar is now "free" to sheet in & out with much less friction, even while
      simultaneously steering. It's also free to be held at a more comfortable
      height (closer to your shoulders), & can be held more forward or aft if
      desired for balance & trim.

      Negatives include difficulty passing the bar of an inflatable from one rider
      to another (still works okay with an ARC).

      As always, please let me know if any of this isn't completely clear.