RE: [ksurfschool] Re: 4 season kite???... LIBRE (com)

  • David Stanek
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 28, 2001
      Since everyone is trying to suggest some kites..

      Libre Bora is an excellent kite for land, but designed to be flown with
      handles and by experienced riders. We are JOJO and Libre North American
      distributor and we have lots of hands-on experience with these kites. For
      kiteskiing you should also consider the fabric characteristics - regular
      Skytex (one side coated) absorbs water much faster than Chikara (two sides
      coated) and sometimes ( at least here on west/wet coast) snow gets slushy
      etc..
      As far as Predator or Blades go - JOJO and LIBRE are even cheaper, better
      made and for sure provide much better power and upwind. I have no problem
      saying that - our results in both kiteskiing ( 2001 WISSA world champion)
      and kitebuggying (1-2-3 USA 2000 & 2001; leaders in Europe since 1997
      including 1-2-3 in 2001) speak for itself.

      (We have replacement bridles for 3-line bar kiteskiing modification for all
      JOJO kites and we should be able to offer this option to Boras as well)

      Regards
      David Stanek
      www.skylinewings.com