Wich size for 6-12 knots??? Dazed an confused again???

  • nostalgiker@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 27, 2001
      Wich kite size is best for around 6-12 knots?? My currently weight is
      about 70 kg 150Lbs and i have a pickelfork 161 ..Is it even possible
      to surf in the lower 6-8 knots...Some people say that kites 0ver 20
      sq m2
      like naish or wipika 16,4 is to big you cant make a sine wave
      pattern ..I was thinking becuase im not that heavy is it better to
      have a little smaler kite like 17.5 or something that i kan sine
      better..So is a bigger kite generally better for a heavier person
      that can handle a little more wind than for a lighter person...Or
      should ill I just by the biggest kite out there..I hope someone
      could help me clear this out??

      Why cant i get a wind range from naish or wipika ????

      AND.......
    • Philip
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 27, 2001
        To get into the Super light wind I use the North 22.5. It actually turns
        plenty fast to make the turns necessary to generate power. At 200 lbs I
        can ride in less than 10 kts.
        I have also ridden the Air Blast 16.4 and it although it doesn't turn
        super fast, it does turn fast enough as long as you have enough tension
        on the front lines.
        Relaunching these monsters in super light air can pose a problem, but
        the wipika or North with the reverse relaunch makes it a lot easier.
        You should be able to ride the pickle fork with either kite in very
        light wind although a floatier board will obviously make a difference in
        the amount of work you have to do.

        Check out http://xtremebigair.com/kitesurfing/wipikawindrange.htm for
        some info on windrange.

        Philip

        Philip Mann
        Inland Sea Windsurf
        http://www.inlandsea.com
        Kitesite.net
        http://www.kitesite.net

        Wich kite size is best for around 6-12 knots?? My currently weight is
        about 70 kg 150Lbs and i have a pickelfork 161 ..Is it even possible
        to surf in the lower 6-8 knots...Some people say that kites 0ver 20
        sq m2
        like naish or wipika 16,4 is to big you cant make a sine wave
        pattern ..I was thinking becuase im not that heavy is it better to
        have a little smaler kite like 17.5 or something that i kan sine
        better..So is a bigger kite generally better for a heavier person
        that can handle a little more wind than for a lighter person...Or
        should ill I just by the biggest kite out there..I hope someone
        could help me clear this out??

        Why cant i get a wind range from naish or wipika ????

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/