Bladders oh bladders!

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 20, 2001
      I used my Wipika Classic for 2 years and had tons of problems with the
      bladder. In the end, I bought 2 spare sets of bladder for my Wipika
      Classic 5.0 and 8.5 (I currently still have the same bladder problem
      with the Wipika Classic 3.5).

      I used the AR5 for 2 years now and NEVER have any problem with the
      bladders.

      So Naish made the bladders stronger and probably at the same time make
      the kite heavier; however, due to the higher aspect ratio, the AR5
      performance is still slightly better than the Wipika Classic.

      So my AR5 5.5 performance is slightly better than my Wipika Classic 5.0
      (which is perfect! :-)

      But my Naish 11.5 performance is ONLY slightly better than my Wipika
      Classic 8.5 (which is a problem because the Wipika Classic 8.5 is
      already too sloooow).

      So for a small kite (used in 12 knots and up) it's better to have
      stronger bladders such that one don't need to care about them (kite
      weight is not an issue here).

      And for a bigger kite (used in less than 12 knots), it's may be
      desirable to have thinner bladders for higher performance (or no
      bladders at all...)

      P.S., Unless you have strong bladders such as the AR5, it is recommended
      to get a spare set of bladders (the bigger the better as bigger bladders
      will work in smaller shells - down to a limit of course).