Re: [ksurfschool] Re: travel tips please

  • Mel
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 11, 2001
      <notalreadyinusebysomeoneelse@...> wrote:

      > Hmm... I didn't know that there's no charge for checking in a
      > snowboard.

      I haven't been following this thread, but just yesterday somebody told me if
      you pack it small enough, & call it "golf clubs", it's free. A pilot friend
      of mine said "wakeboards" fly free too, on some airlines. You could make a
      list of all the options, & just call & ask what the charges would be for
      bringing your "golf clubs", or your "snowboards", or your "wakeboards", or
      whatever, & then you'll know what to say when checking in.

      Mel
    • matt nuzzo
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 12, 2001
        it is very easy.... don't get a bag that looks like a
        surfboard bag and tell the people that is is camping
        gear. i traveled a lot this past year and i never got
        charged once. i told the airline people that it was
        just kite aor it was my camping gear. it works. try
        it out.

        http://personals.yahoo.com