New Naish Kites

  • macrae98115@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 6, 2001
      Hi,

      I have enjoyed the discussion in this group. Thanks to those of you
      who answer the questions.

      I am writing to find out what anyone knows about the new 2002 Naish
      Aero kites. The reason I am asking is that I am at the beginning of
      my learning (in New Zealand). So far I have been using a buggy and
      small kite on the beach. The next stage is to do a couple of sessions
      on the water using an Naish R3 or equivalent as part of instruction.
      After that I need to purchase a kite. The group that I am learning
      from are recommending the 2002 Naish Aero. These kites are likely to
      arrive in NZ in a couple of weeks. However, I am reluctant to
      purchase one of these until I have heard good things about their
      performance. Does anyone know anything about them? Apparently some
      have been used for testing in Hawaii.

      Apparently the AR5 used to be sold as the general purpose kite to
      people who had received some training but that was discontinued with
      the ARX which is considered to be too much of an advanced kite.
      Apparently the R3 is not a good option since people tend to grow out
      of it too fast. The Aero is meant to fill the gap that the AR5 left.
      However, I cannot seem to find information about the AERO (or even
      other kites) on the Naish website. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

      Thanks,
      Greg
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 6, 2001
        macrae98115@... wrote:
        > However, I cannot seem to find information about the AERO (or even
        > other kites) on the Naish website. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

        Try http://www.naishkites.com/kites_products.asp?page=aero

        Hung.
      • Bobby9
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 6, 2001
          Hey Greg,

          Here's a review from the Yahoo! nwkite group:

          --- In ksurfschool@y..., macrae98115@y... wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > I have enjoyed the discussion in this group. Thanks to those of you
          > who answer the questions.
          >
          > I am writing to find out what anyone knows about the new 2002 Naish
          > Aero kites. The reason I am asking is that I am at the beginning of
          > my learning (in New Zealand). So far I have been using a buggy and
          > small kite on the beach. The next stage is to do a couple of
          sessions
          > on the water using an Naish R3 or equivalent as part of instruction.
          > After that I need to purchase a kite. The group that I am learning
          > from are recommending the 2002 Naish Aero. These kites are likely to
          > arrive in NZ in a couple of weeks. However, I am reluctant to
          > purchase one of these until I have heard good things about their
          > performance. Does anyone know anything about them? Apparently some
          > have been used for testing in Hawaii.
          >
          > Apparently the AR5 used to be sold as the general purpose kite to
          > people who had received some training but that was discontinued with
          > the ARX which is considered to be too much of an advanced kite.
          > Apparently the R3 is not a good option since people tend to grow out
          > of it too fast. The Aero is meant to fill the gap that the AR5 left.
          > However, I cannot seem to find information about the AERO (or even
          > other kites) on the Naish website. Any thoughts would be
          appreciated.

          > Thanks,
          > Greg
        • matt nuzzo
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 7, 2001
            stop teching out. go out and buy a free air or r3 and
            convert it to 4 line. you can get those things super
            chaep right now and they kill it.
            --- Hung Vu <hungvu@...> wrote:
            > macrae98115@... wrote:
            > > However, I cannot seem to find information about
            > the AERO (or even
            > > other kites) on the Naish website. Any thoughts
            > would be appreciated.
            >
            > Try

            http://www.naishkites.com/kites_products.asp?page=aero

            Find a job, post your resume.
            http://careers.yahoo.com
          • matt nuzzo
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 7, 2001
              Take a shot. Captain Morgan or Jose Quervo will work
              well to cure your technical problems. The r3
              converted to 4 line is a kick ass kite. you will not
              outgrow it. i teach people on free air from wipika
              and i ride free airs from wipika. i compete at pro
              level events, and i rank with all of the kooks with
              the shackel and the high aspect kites that don't
              relaunch. the biggest air i have ever seen was felix
              pevic on a 2 year old wipika free air at the waddel
              creek challange. get the gear you can get and hit the
              water. -- matt

              Find a job, post your resume.
              http://careers.yahoo.com