Re: [ksurfschool] Re: Ok...I've got a question.

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 30, 2001
      Fritz@... wrote:
      > The kite; a 3-line, CA New Wave, is great. It'll jump off the water
      > (given a little wind) like the water's too hot. I keep thinking there's
      > a little trick when; it falls down clockwise that I can get to come
      > back up and rotate anticlockwise (counter clockwise for youse in
      > Joyzee) to save me from the mental gymnastics of turn-right to
      > go-left in the power zone. It may come back to simply
      > testing-by-doing.....jes' figgerd youse guys knew all finger
      > positions for these instruments.

      Try using different hand to pull on the brake line when reversing the
      kite.

      For me, when I use the right hand (to pull on the brake line), the kite
      tends to rise and turn counter clockwise and when I use the left hand,
      the kite tends to rise and turn clockwise.

      Let me know how it works with you.

      P.S., If the line is twisted, you can always turn your body around on
      the water to untwist the line.