Going upwind toeside continued

  • fernmanus@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2001
      Last week, I tried the new Litewave 148 in Kauai. I haven't tried
      going upwind toeside on a short board. I noticed that when I tried
      on the Pitbull that the board tended to slide out from under me.

      I wonder if that is why Flash Austin uses a TT directional? I figure
      the long fin on his board keeps the relatively short board from
      sliding out when he rides toeside upwind. Don't get me wrong, I can
      still ride toeside on the short wind, but I could not figure how to
      go upwind. By comparision, it is a piece of cake to go upwind on my
      181 Litewave (more edge in the water).

      Any tips or ideas would be appreciated.