Re: Self Launch Stamos 8.0

  • andatv@gte.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 22, 2001
      I assume you are using bladders. Do not pump thtem tight, they should
      remain soft, very soft, just enough pressure to give the kite some
      rigid frame - with this kite, upon tension on power lines, will stand
      on trailing edge and just a tug will make it airborne.

      If you are not using baldders, lay the kite downwind, sand it well
      especially wingtips. Untangle lines. Go to leding edge, open all
      zippers and hold them into the wind. I hold two at the time, zip
      them, move to next pair. Kite will start filling with air which will
      form bulge at leading edge. That is enough to make kite airborne.
      Go to bar, apply tension on lines having kite straight downwind
      (oterwise one of the wing wants to fly earlier and kite will roll).
      If you pull to early, with little air in the kite, it will fall
      leading edged to sand and you are done with this try. Now you can
      stand kite on the trailing edge with enough of gentle pull on the
      bar. Let it stand for a while, it fills with air. Give it sharp pull
      and the kite will be airborne. The control can be tricky in first few
      seconds, you may have to walk few steps backward or pump kite with
      sharp tugs on one end of bar.

      Kite can be started from the edge of window - you will need more
      preinflation. Requires some skill.

      If you take the water into kite - try hard to make it airborne. If it
      flies up it will drain the water soone then you think.
      Last resort on water, wound the lines, swim to kite, drain it,
      preinflate in hands (not so hard), lay it down on water, undo lines,
      fly it!

      Your aproach to learn kite first will pay on the water.

      If any questions, e-mail me.

      Andre