Re: [ksurfschool] Pump..pump..pump

  • Mel
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 21, 2001
      Dwight & Jacky <fishersfort@...> wrote:

      > > ......thanks. I got a sneaky feeling that mine needed 'nother half
      > > dose of Viarga. But, would that have made any "real" difference?
      > > (That's the other half of the question I didn't ask because I didn't
      > > want to look overly stoopid on the same page).
      >

      > That depends on the kite you have.

      I think he's asking if bladder pressure makes any difference to luffing, in
      which case I think the answer is a simple "No".

      As for keeping full pressure while removing the nozzle, just cut a little
      off the tip of the pump's nozzle, so you can squeeze the valve fully shut
      while removing the nozzle & installing the plug.

      Mel
    • Fritz@cabincover.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 21, 2001
        > I think he's asking if bladder pressure makes any difference to
        luffing, in
        > which case I think the answer is a simple "No".

        ........Shucks. It means an inflatable is a litttle more tricky than I
        would have assumed. Back to Hung's advise: Foil in light
        air...Tubes in heavier.

        > As for keeping full pressure while removing the nozzle, just cut
        a little off the tip of the pump's nozzle, so you can squeeze the
        valve fully shut while removing the nozzle & installing the plug.

        .........Thanks Mel. That's one of those "I've been doing this for a
        while." tips that saves everybody time.
      • Mel
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 21, 2001
          <Fritz@...> wrote:

          > ........Shucks. It means an inflatable is a litttle more tricky than I
          > would have assumed. Back to Hung's advise: Foil in light
          > air...Tubes in heavier.

          Personally I recommend the ARC in heavy and light air (as long as a large
          enough size is available for your weight), they're very luff-resistant, but
          if you already have a tube kite just use it & hover low.