Re: [ksurfschool] F-One

  • jcqlnf@cs.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 8 10:59 AM
      <A HREF="http://www.maui.net/~hotwind/kiss.html">KITESURFING INTERNATIONAL
      SAFETY SYSTEM, (aka Kite-Sailing, Kite-boarding) The</A> I thought you might
      enjoy checking out this link. I think there is a kitesurfing manual
      available here that explains the whole "clock" thing.
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 8 11:10 AM
        It sounds like you are underpower. Try again in slightly more wind
        (let's say 8+ knots) it would be easier to learn.

        I weight around 125 lb. (or 58 kg) and a 7 meters foil would only get me
        going starting from 7 or 8 knots (I would need my XXXL, 9.66 m2 foil, in
        6 knots wind).

        Hung.

        > arielmas wrote:
        >
        > Hi to all
        > I am starting in the sport. I have a F-One 7 mts and I use it in 6
        > to 12 knots. Although I can handle it quite good in the beach, I
        > can´t get enough power to start planning with the board , even when I
        > got waterstart, I fall on my back after a few meters.
        > Any advice is welcome. Thank you

      • Farnsworth, Kenny
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 8 11:17 AM
          It is a common problem.  One problem is not flying the kite correctly, Jacqueline addressed that issue.  The other is how your board is pointed.  You need to make sure that your board is pointed somewhat downwind and your front foot needs to be pointed in that direction.  It is natural to try to edge your board upwind on the launch.  You need to get the board up and planing before you start edging upwind.  Good luck and keep practicing.

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 8 4:17 PM
            In a message dated 6/8/00 11:58:35 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
            arielmas@... writes:

            << Jacqueline, thank you again.
            When you find the perfect place in Ca. let me know where it is, so I ´ll
            find you.

            Arielmas, you are welcome! I am happy to have helped. I hope I can find the
            perfect place in California! There must be someone out there who knows!