Kite weight and dead seagul was Re: [ksurfschool] Pump..pump..pump

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 20, 2001
      Dwight & Jacky wrote:
      > nose. The 5 pound internal bladder was probably the cause of that kites problem. Nobody uses those
      > heavy bladders anymore. The other possibility is flying in winds too light. It's common for newbies

      For those new to this group, we had a discussion on kite weight on this
      group and some has done a number of measurements of the weight of
      various kites including the AR5s. Those interested may want to check
      the archive. Some kite manufacturers publicly publish the complete
      specs (including weight) of their new kites such as Peter Lynn , and
      North (kudos to them). Many do not publish the the specs of their kites
      and they should be.

      Inflatables are prone to the "dead seagul" drop in gusty wind (both
      light and strong), not just in light wind. This has been discussed in
      details in the past.