Going upwind toeside

  • fernmanus@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2001
      Yesterday, I had a session where the wind was just not strong enough
      for me to jump. The wind was only blowing 8 - 10 mph, so I was out
      on my AB 16.4 and my 181 Litewave. I spent a lot of time practising
      going upwind on toeside. I could easily go upwind on my starboard
      side, but it was a lot more difficult on my port side. Is it just a
      matter of more practise or does anyone have any good tips?

      By the way, if any of you are struggling with complex jibes, the best
      time to practise them is in light wind on a larger board and large
      kite. The larger board allows you more time to make the carve
      without worrying about the exact timing of the kite. The larger kite
      is slower to react and generates more even power when you move it
      across the window. Yesterday, I practised jibing from toeside to
      toeside. It is a move that I struggled with using my AB 8.4 and a
      142 picklefork because everything was happening so fast.