Any board recommendations?

  • Roger Mosley
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2001
      After reading the digest for a while, I finally have a
      question to ask. I've been kiting for about 1 1/2
      years, most of it on lakes in Wisconsin. I'm now
      moving to Oahu, Hi and will be there for the next 3 or
      4 years. I am about 6'1" and weigh about 215. I've
      been using a Jimmy Lewis 7'8" directional with my
      Naish 9.0 and Naish ARX 15.5. I want to get a new
      board, but am not sure exactly what to get. I am
      fairly certain that I want a twin tip, not another
      directional and not a wakeboard. I favor straps, not
      bindings also. I have been thinking seriously about
      the Hanacrew boards, but haven't been able to see one
      or try it out. I plan to go to Hatteras this weekend
      (3 hour drive)and maybe check out some if possible.
      Looking forward to your reply. Thanks for all the good
      info provided here. I wish I had known about this site
      when I started learning on my own in Wisconsin! I
      would've had less pain!!!!
      Thanks,
      Roger

      http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 5, 2001
        Roger,

        For 6'1", Oahu wind and twin tip, I would go for a 5' to 5'6".

        P.S., I was interested in a Hanacrew board earlier in the season but
        selected a wakeboard due to traveling requirement (no extra airline cost
        for a small wakeboard)

        Hung.