New Bar from Slingshot

  • vytas.cijunelis@dptechnology.com
    Message 1 of 24 , Sep 30, 2001
      The new Slingshot carbon Pro-fire bar just arrived last week and I
      tried it out today. I'm new to kiteboarding so bear with me here. I'll
      try and describe my question as best as I can without knowing the
      lingo.

      I connected the two rear lines to the outside of the bar. That was the
      easy part. Now, the bar has a chicken loop system with a sheet cleat
      to sheet the LE lines. The problem is the bar came with a line already
      attached to the sheet cleat which is about ten feet long. I have no
      idea what its supposed to do.

      I took the front lines and attached them directly to the end of the
      sheet cleat and let the extra line hang after I wrapped it up to keep
      it out of the way.

      This seemed to work fine but may be unsafe. Can anyone fill me in on
      what that fifth line, which is about 10 ft. long, is for?

      Much appreciated.

    • Fritz@cabincover.com
      Message 2 of 24 , Oct 3, 2001
        I'm glad to see someone answered in the other forum. I too got
        a bar from a guy in OR (kite from SC) and didn't know how to rig
        it. (perhaps contributing to the expanding 'danger' of sales of
        dangerous equiptment to rank amatuers) The difference was,
        mine came with all three lines so it seemed more obvious.

        I have a Fuel 10M, and my question would be about the
        size/weight of the lines? You hear 'flying' lines should be
        heavier than the front - then lots of swims for not having both
        600lb. Any thoughts?

        I'm headed to Hatteras soon to help compensate for my lack of
        expirence.

        Hung do you come down to get away from the cold?

        Message 3 of 24 , Oct 3, 2001
          Fritz@... wrote:
          > Hung do you come down to get away from the cold?

          Thanks for the invitation Fritz but actually I am waiting for the lake
          to freeze. I may consider go down to the Caribbean for some wave
          sailing in mid winter.

          P.S., Contrary to many "snow bird" Canadians who need to get away from
          the snow, I am one of the few who enjoy the cold winter sports (cross
          country, down-hill skiing, snowboarding, skating, etc.). Now with
          kiteskiing, it's more than one can ask for.

          Hung.
        • Alex Tien Do
          Message 4 of 24 , Oct 4, 2001
            hung