Go kiteskiing!

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 28, 2001
      It's getting colder here in Canada.

      It's still 3 months away from a good kiteskiing session :-(

      However, I want to go fast already!

      Go kiteskiing this winter if you are in a colder climate (Canada,
      northern US or Europe). Kiteskiing will give you a different
      perspective of kitesurfing.

      Kiteskiing is probably the fastest kite sport (and the most practical
      winter sailing sport).

      Hung.
    • fernmanus@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2001
        Hung,

        I agree with you. Kite skiing is fun and it is also much easier to
        learn than kite surfing because you don't have to learn the water
        start. It is also very easy to go upwind on skis.

        This year I am looking for a good location to launch some big air.
        The problem is finding a large open area devoid of trees. Utah
        receives plenty of snow, but most ski areas are not above the tree
        line. Last year I went out primarily on frozen lakes and fields.
        This was fun, but with just a shallow layer of snow I was hesitant to
        go big. This year I hope to find some deep powder fields.

        > It's getting colder here in Canada.
        >
        > It's still 3 months away from a good kiteskiing session :-(
        >
        > However, I want to go fast already!
        >
        > Go kiteskiing this winter if you are in a colder climate (Canada,
        > northern US or Europe). Kiteskiing will give you a different
        > perspective of kitesurfing.
        >
        > Kiteskiing is probably the fastest kite sport (and the most
        practical
        > winter sailing sport).
        >
        > Hung.
      • daria -